KEEP UP WITH THE LATEST IN INDUSTRY NEWS!
From news about new medicines, pharmacy business insights, and the pharmaceutical industry in general—this is your source!
- Independent Pharmacies Take Center Stage at AAP’s Annual Conferences September 29, 2023Guests who attend the 2024 American Associated Pharmacies Annual Conference can win up to $25,000 in credit at the API Warehouse.
- Leverage Small Business Saturday to Drive Sales, Build Partnerships September 29, 2023Small Business Saturday was created by American Express in 2010 and represents an important sales opportunity for independent community pharmacies across the United States.
- CVS Implements Measures to Improve Working Conditions After More Kansas City Pharmacists Stage Walkouts September 29, 2023After several walkouts protesting poor working conditions, company executives and protest organizers came to an agreement that includes more hours for technicians and vaccinations being reduced to a manageable volume.
- Pharmacists Work to Sustain Care in Health Care Deserts September 29, 2023When rural areas lose hospitals and primary care clinics, residents must turn to pharmacies to receive the care they need.
- Independent Pharmacies Say They Can Help Patients Impacted by Chain Store Closures, NCPA Survey Finds September 29, 2023A new poll from the organization surveyed 10000 independent community pharmacy owners on current worries in the industry and how they are being impacted by the ongoing national drug shortage.
- Innovative Solutions in Medication Packaging Can Improve Adherence September 29, 2023Near-field communication (NFC)-enabled medication blister packaging can help patients improve their medication adherence.
- Older Women at Greatest Risk of C Diff, COVID-19 Coinfection September 28, 2023Beyond female gender, comorbidities independently associated with C diff infection in patients diagnosed with COVID-19 included peptic ulcer disease, renal failure, weight loss, diabetes mellitus with complications, and congestive heart failure.
- Bosutinib Approved by FDA for Pediatric Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia September 28, 2023Positive findings from the phase 1/2 BCHILD study supported the approval decision.
- Glycemic Control in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes Worse Around Holidays, Winter Months September 28, 2023A new study from Dartmouth College found that patients maintained healthier blood sugar levels from April to September.
- More Women Are Using Cannabis to Manage Menopause Symptoms September 28, 2023A new study found that the most common symptoms that cannabis was used to treat were chronic pain, anxiety, sleep problems, and stress.
- Emergence of CDK4/6 Inhibitors in mBC Treatment Pathway September 29, 2023Ryan Haumschild, PharmD, MS, MBA, leads drives a conversation surrounding the impact of CDK4/6 inhibitors in treatment of metastatic breast cancer.
- Impact of Metastatic Breast Cancer on Quality of Life September 29, 2023A panel of medical experts begin a discussion surrounding key updates in treatment and management of HR+/HER2- metastatic breast cancer.
- Topline Data Demonstrate Survival Improvement With Amivantamab-vmjw for NSCLC September 29, 2023The MARIPOSA study evaluated amivantamab-vmjw (Rybrevant; Janssen Pharmaceutical) in combination with lazertinib compared to osimertinib and compared to lazertinib monotherapy in the first-line treatment of EGFR-mutated non–small cell lung cancer.
- Bridging the Gap: Industry-Academia Collaboration in Pharmacy September 29, 2023The most persuasive reason for industry-academia collaboration is the many opportunities it opens for pharmacy students who may not have considered all the ways they can use their PharmD to serve the cause of humankind.
- Study Shows Association Between Alpelisib Treatment, Hyperglycemia in Patients with Metastatic Breast Cancer September 29, 2023The study authors suggest that after initiating alpelisib, patients should be proactive by improving glycemic status to reduce the risk of developing hyperglycemia.
- Lead Investigator Provides Insight Into FDA Approval of Momelotinib for Myelofibrosis September 29, 2023Ruben A. Mesa, MD, FACP, discusses the results of the SIMPLIFY-1 and MOMENTUM trials and how the data led to the approval of momelotinib to treat intermediate or high-risk myelofibrosis in adult patients with anemia.
- Researchers Reframe the Definition of Clinical Remission for Asthma September 29, 2023A workgroup of asthma treatment experts introduced 6 new criteria that those diagnosed with asthma must meet to be in remission.
- Study: Trigonelline Demonstrates Improvements in Learning, Memory, Suppressing Inflammation September 29, 2023Investigators said that these results were promising, indicating that trigonelline could help to alleviate cognitive decline associated with aging.
- FDA Accepts Biologics License Application for Priority Review of Sotatercept in Treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension September 29, 2023The FDA has issued a Prescription Drug User Fee Act fate of March 26, 2024, for sotatercept (Merck) as treatment for adults with pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- Incidence of Type 2 Diabetes Increased Significantly Following COVID-19 Pandemic September 29, 2023Investigators also found that rates of type 1 diabetes have been on the rise since 2016.
Helping You Navigate the Returns Process!
Flash Returns, LLC has strict standard operating procedures and a pharmaceutical services agreement (PSA) with it’s clients…
Flash Returns, LLC has strict standard operating procedures and a pharmaceutical services agreement (PSA) with its clients. This is to ensure that the reverse distribution portion of the supply chain that we service keeps its functionality and integrity for our customers and the public.
Several pedigree and distribution level issues have been raised in the industry. Discounted, indigent-pricing, short dated, bulk purchase, secondary distribution, or DSCSA non-compliant sales could affect the credit available for a product based on a manufacturers determination. We ask that you do not return these products for credit as they are not eligible in most cases. Flash Returns LLC may choose to dispose of these on the pharmacies behalf at no charge if the cost is low relative to the return. Most customers purchasing products from reputable wholesalers will not encounter these issues, however all pharmacies are asked to acknowledge our policy on pedigree and legitimacy of product here and by signing the PSA before a return is initiated.
Some manufacturers may require proof the price paid for a product and what wholesaler distributed the product. Issues causing triggering this could be: bulk or large quantities of single items or lots, or products purchased speculatively. In some cases we may request invoices from the customer to ensure Flash Returns or manufacturer policy is being met. If none are available or if the information isn’t accepted by the manufacturer it could cause the return to be non-returnable.
Flash Returns, LLC cannot guarantee or be liable for the value or credit for products that were purchased outside of manufacturer accepted distribution channels. This could include products: purchased from a wholesaler that is not an approved vendor, products not purchased directly from a particular manufacturer, purchased on a speculative basis, diverted or counterfeit products, foreign products, and any product purchased on a non-returnable basis, including short-dated product purchased at discounted pricing.
At any time, Flash Returns, LLC or a manufacturer may require invoices or pedigree information demonstrating proof of purchase. If product has been shipped by Flash Returns, LLC or the Customer to a manufacturer or their agent, Flash Returns, LLC cannot guarantee or facilitate the return of product to the Customer. Manufacturers reverse the right to destroy product they deem not credit worthy or suspect. Manufacturers agreeing to return product to customers will do so at the customers expense. Flash Returns, LLC shall not be responsible for reimbursing a Customer for such product.
If Customer is unable to have product returned within 21 days, product is subject to be destroyed without any payment or credit issued to Customer. In any dispute, failure by Customer to provide invoices for a product or pedigree if requested shall release Flash Returns, LLC from any and all liability of products involved in dispute including the full value of the product. More information on drug pedigrees is available on the FDA website at: