KEEP UP WITH THE LATEST IN INDUSTRY NEWS!
From news about new medicines, pharmacy business insights, and the pharmaceutical industry in general—this is your source!
- Pharmacogenetic Testing, Therapeutic Drug Monitoring Feasible to Monitor Sertraline Concentrations in Residential Treatment Setting March 25, 2023Pharmacogenetic testing and therapeutic drug monitoring are feasible in the inpatient psychiatric treatment setting.
- COVID-19 Stay-At-Home Orders Increased EMS Utilization in United States March 25, 2023Emergency medical services runs increased in all 4 US Census regions.
- Prophylactic Benzodiazepine Use May Reduce Seizures in Bupropion Overdose March 25, 2023It is crucial to have a measure to mitigate the possibility of seizures, according to researchers.
- Examining The True Cost Of Diabetes Medication March 24, 2023About 1 in 10 individuals in the United States have diabetes. A recent study examines how much they are paying on average for access to treatment for the common disease.
- Pharmacist Knowledge of Psilocybin Remains Limited March 24, 2023Survey respondents indicated a lack of comfort around recommending psilocybin therapy to patients.
- How Individuals Are Self-Treating Long COVID March 24, 2023New research examines how individuals with continuing COVID-19 symptoms are managing the virus.
- How Pharmacists Can Assist Underserved Communities After Natural Disasters March 24, 2023Rural communities are often left without adequate assistance in times of need, but pharmacists can provide crucial care.
- HIV, Zika Vaccination Produces Robust Response in Mothers and Newborns March 24, 2023Investigators found a robust antigen-specific antibody response against HIV and Zika virus between mothers and newborns in a model using rabbits.
- GSK and Former NBA Star Magic Johnson Team Up to “Sideline RSV” March 24, 2023The British pharma giant has teamed up with Johnson for a promotional campaign as they approach the finish line of an RSV vaccine.
- Zolgensma Helpful for Bulbar Function Achievement March 24, 2023All children included in the analysis with presymptomatic SMA achieved swallowing, oral nutrition, and airway protection outcomes.
- Adults With ADHD Present Symptoms Differently Than Children, Requiring Unique Assessment March 26, 2023Although attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is not as common in adults, it can still be present and bothersome, however, adults with ADHD may have learned to hide it a bit better than children.
- COVID-19 Has Significantly Impacted How, When Respiratory Syncytial Virus Spreads March 26, 2023Prior to the pandemic, the seasonality of respiratory syncytial virus followed a pattern; now, this pattern of disease spread has changed significantly.
- Expert: Dismantling Structural Racism Requires Sustained, Collective Effort March 26, 2023Vibhuti Arya, PharmD, MPH, FAPhA, explains how APhA as an organization is opening discourse among its members regarding unpacking and dismantling structural racism in the organization and in the profession at large.
- Expert: The Cultural Evolution in Patient Care Is Present in the Pharmacy March 25, 2023Vibhuti Arya, PharmD, MPH, FAPhA, discusses the role of the individual in progressing structural and systemic changes in the pharmacy ecosystem.
- Expert: Non-opioids as Effective as Opioids in Reduction of Acute, Subacute, Chronic Pain March 25, 2023Specifically, non-opioids are often preferred for the management of subacute and chronic pain because of their safety profiles.
- COVID-19 Pandemic Accelerates Growth of Community Oncology, Shift Toward Telehealth March 24, 2023Although community oncology has grown, maintaining services for patients is an ongoing challenge.
- Expert: Diversity and Inclusion Efforts Must Move Beyond Passive Research to Action March 24, 2023Presenter at the 2023 Community Oncology Alliance meeting notes that oncology has become more of a duality between molecular and genetic subsets, leading to huge developments in targeted and personalized care.
- 5 Key Sessions, Interviews at 2023 APhA Annual Meeting & Exposition March 24, 2023Pharmacy Times is covering the American Pharmacists Association (APhA) Annual Meeting & Exposition in Phoenix, Arizona from March 24 to 27, 2023.
- Expert Provides Predictions for Trajectory of Vaccine-preventable Disease Outbreaks in US March 24, 2023Michael D. Hogue, PharmD, FAPhA, FNAP, FFIP, discusses current outlook on the occurrence of outbreaks of vaccine-preventable diseases in the country.
- New Therapeutics in the Management of Sickle Cell Disease Are Providing Much Needed Additional Options for Patients March 24, 2023Specifically, 3 new drugs for sickle cell disease are providing options for patients who are not responding to hydroxyurea.
Helping You Navigate the Returns Process!
Flash Returns, LLC has strict standard operating procedures and a pharmaceutical services agreement (PSA) with it’s clients…
Flash Returns, LLC has strict standard operating procedures and a pharmaceutical services agreement (PSA) with its clients. This is to ensure that the reverse distribution portion of the supply chain that we service keeps its functionality and integrity for our customers and the public.
Several pedigree and distribution level issues have been raised in the industry. Discounted, indigent-pricing, short dated, bulk purchase, secondary distribution, or DSCSA non-compliant sales could affect the credit available for a product based on a manufacturers determination. We ask that you do not return these products for credit as they are not eligible in most cases. Flash Returns LLC may choose to dispose of these on the pharmacies behalf at no charge if the cost is low relative to the return. Most customers purchasing products from reputable wholesalers will not encounter these issues, however all pharmacies are asked to acknowledge our policy on pedigree and legitimacy of product here and by signing the PSA before a return is initiated.
Some manufacturers may require proof the price paid for a product and what wholesaler distributed the product. Issues causing triggering this could be: bulk or large quantities of single items or lots, or products purchased speculatively. In some cases we may request invoices from the customer to ensure Flash Returns or manufacturer policy is being met. If none are available or if the information isn’t accepted by the manufacturer it could cause the return to be non-returnable.
Flash Returns, LLC cannot guarantee or be liable for the value or credit for products that were purchased outside of manufacturer accepted distribution channels. This could include products: purchased from a wholesaler that is not an approved vendor, products not purchased directly from a particular manufacturer, purchased on a speculative basis, diverted or counterfeit products, foreign products, and any product purchased on a non-returnable basis, including short-dated product purchased at discounted pricing.
At any time, Flash Returns, LLC or a manufacturer may require invoices or pedigree information demonstrating proof of purchase. If product has been shipped by Flash Returns, LLC or the Customer to a manufacturer or their agent, Flash Returns, LLC cannot guarantee or facilitate the return of product to the Customer. Manufacturers reverse the right to destroy product they deem not credit worthy or suspect. Manufacturers agreeing to return product to customers will do so at the customers expense. Flash Returns, LLC shall not be responsible for reimbursing a Customer for such product.
If Customer is unable to have product returned within 21 days, product is subject to be destroyed without any payment or credit issued to Customer. In any dispute, failure by Customer to provide invoices for a product or pedigree if requested shall release Flash Returns, LLC from any and all liability of products involved in dispute including the full value of the product. More information on drug pedigrees is available on the FDA website at: