KEEP UP WITH THE LATEST IN INDUSTRY NEWS!
From news about new medicines, pharmacy business insights, and the pharmaceutical industry in general—this is your source!
- Acute Cardiac Events Common During Hospitalization for COVID-19 June 5, 2023Patients were more likely to require ICU admission.
- Morning RX: June 5, 2023 June 5, 2023Mandy Cohen is set to become the next CDC director, Medicare will cover a new class of Alzheimer’s drugs, and the WHO announces a landmark digital health initiative.
- News Roundup: May 29 to June 2 June 3, 2023Your weekly roundup of the latest news from Drug Topics®.
- Exploring the Link Between Reduced Exercise Capacity and Cardiopulmonary Symptoms in Long COVID June 2, 2023New research suggests that chronotropic incompetence contributes to exercise limitations in Long COVID.
- First Oral Antiviral Treatment For COVID-19 Gets FDA Approval June 2, 2023More than 11.6 million treatment courses of the medication have been prescribed in the U.S. to date.
- Symptom Scoring Framework Helps Formalize Definition of Long COVID June 2, 2023Finalizing a definition for postacute sequelae of SARS-CoV-2 infection will lead to high-quality care and treatment for patients suffering from the condition.
- Ketamine Nasal Spray May Help Treat Refractory Chronic Migraines June 2, 2023Patients using the treatment reported reduced headache intensity and better quality of life.
- Coherus Biosciences Joins Forces With Mark Cuban’s Online Pharmacy for Humira Biosimilar June 2, 2023Yusimry (adalimumab-aqvh) is 1 of 9 FDA-approved adalimumab biosimilars and is a low-concentration, citrate-free product.
- Eliminating Out-of-Pocket Medication Fees Associated with Lower Total Health Care Costs June 1, 2023Free medicine distribution was linked with a lower median total health care spending of $1641 per year over a 3-year period.
- Efficacy of Therapeutic Cannabis in Patients With Medically Diagnosed Conditions June 1, 2023A majority of patients say that taking cannabis helps them with chronic pain management and other conditions.
Pharmacy Times articles
- Long-term Data Show Efficacy of Amivantamab-vmjw Combination for Patients With Mutated Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer June 5, 2023In data presented at the 2023 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting, amivantamab-vmjw plus lazertinib demonstrated promise as a first-line treatment for patients with advanced EGFR-mutated non-small cell lung cancer.
- Overall Survival of Patients With Metastatic NSCLC Sustained Up to 4 Years With Opdivo, Yervoy Combination June 5, 2023Nivolumab plus ipilimumab combination improved overall survival, with 21% of individuals with metastatic non–small cell lung cancer treated with the combination and 2 cycles of chemotherapy alive compared to 16% with chemotherapy alone.
- Durvalumab, Olaparib Combination Improves Progression-Free Survival in Patients With Advanced Ovarian Cancer June 5, 2023Positive findings in patients with advanced high-grade epithelial ovarian cancer were presented during an oral presentation at the 2023 American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting.
- FDA Approves First Intravenous Iron Replacement Therapy for Adults With Heart Failure, Iron Deficiency June 5, 2023Treatment with Injectafer significantly improved exercise capacity compared to placebo in a randomized clinical trial in adult patients with heart failure.
- Why Choose a Career in Community Pharmacy? June 5, 2023It’s imperative to redefine the future of pharmacy to help ensure a robust pipeline of future pharmacists and create a culture that helps ensure pharmacists live their purpose and passion.
- Clinical Overview: Steps to Implementation of Rebyota for Recurrent C difficile Infection June 5, 2023Rebyota is a live biotherapeutic product that is unfamiliar to many pharmacists and other health care providers with different steps in the eventual administration process.
- Targeting Folate Receptor Alpha Provides Therapeutic Benefits for Platinum-Resistant Ovarian Cancer June 5, 2023Expert suggests that mirvetuximab soravtansine-gynx, which received accelerated approval in the platinum-resistant ovarian cancer setting in 2022, is the most promising agent in more than a decade that targets folate receptor alpha.
- Vorasidenib Significantly Improves PFS in Grade 2 Gliomas With Manageable Safety Profile June 5, 2023Current standard of care gives 2 poor options to patients, neither of which cure grade 2 gliomas.
- Approximately 25% of Eligible Survivors of Breast, Cervical Cancers Did Not Receive Follow-Up Instructions for Post-Treatment Screening June 5, 2023When physicians followed up, rates of screening improved for breast and cervical cancer by 50% and 250%, respectively, among eligible cancer survivors.
- Overall Survival Results Reinforce Osimertinib is Now Standard of Care for EGFRm Stage IB–IIIA NSCLC June 5, 2023Updated overall survival and safety profile data from the global phase 3 ADAURA trial provide practice-changing findings with adjuvant osimertinib (Tagrisso; AstraZeneca) in patients with resected EGFR-mutated stage IB–IIIA NSCLC.
Helping You Navigate the Returns Process!
Flash Returns, LLC has strict standard operating procedures and a pharmaceutical services agreement (PSA) with it’s clients…
Flash Returns, LLC has strict standard operating procedures and a pharmaceutical services agreement (PSA) with its clients. This is to ensure that the reverse distribution portion of the supply chain that we service keeps its functionality and integrity for our customers and the public.
Several pedigree and distribution level issues have been raised in the industry. Discounted, indigent-pricing, short dated, bulk purchase, secondary distribution, or DSCSA non-compliant sales could affect the credit available for a product based on a manufacturers determination. We ask that you do not return these products for credit as they are not eligible in most cases. Flash Returns LLC may choose to dispose of these on the pharmacies behalf at no charge if the cost is low relative to the return. Most customers purchasing products from reputable wholesalers will not encounter these issues, however all pharmacies are asked to acknowledge our policy on pedigree and legitimacy of product here and by signing the PSA before a return is initiated.
Some manufacturers may require proof the price paid for a product and what wholesaler distributed the product. Issues causing triggering this could be: bulk or large quantities of single items or lots, or products purchased speculatively. In some cases we may request invoices from the customer to ensure Flash Returns or manufacturer policy is being met. If none are available or if the information isn’t accepted by the manufacturer it could cause the return to be non-returnable.
Flash Returns, LLC cannot guarantee or be liable for the value or credit for products that were purchased outside of manufacturer accepted distribution channels. This could include products: purchased from a wholesaler that is not an approved vendor, products not purchased directly from a particular manufacturer, purchased on a speculative basis, diverted or counterfeit products, foreign products, and any product purchased on a non-returnable basis, including short-dated product purchased at discounted pricing.
At any time, Flash Returns, LLC or a manufacturer may require invoices or pedigree information demonstrating proof of purchase. If product has been shipped by Flash Returns, LLC or the Customer to a manufacturer or their agent, Flash Returns, LLC cannot guarantee or facilitate the return of product to the Customer. Manufacturers reverse the right to destroy product they deem not credit worthy or suspect. Manufacturers agreeing to return product to customers will do so at the customers expense. Flash Returns, LLC shall not be responsible for reimbursing a Customer for such product.
If Customer is unable to have product returned within 21 days, product is subject to be destroyed without any payment or credit issued to Customer. In any dispute, failure by Customer to provide invoices for a product or pedigree if requested shall release Flash Returns, LLC from any and all liability of products involved in dispute including the full value of the product. More information on drug pedigrees is available on the FDA website at: